Sunday, August 15, 2010

Frogs



I first posted about the frogs in our water garden back in 2007. I also posted about the peepers that keep us up at night with their mating calls in the spring.

Last weekend Karen's family came over for a party. We enjoyed some great food like squash Parmesan from Karen's sister-in-law and Karen's mom made a cake for Karen's brother's birthday. We had some sangria with our homemade wine, too. Karen's uncle took some pictures of the frogs posted above. As I was looking and them and comparing them to older pictures I was struck by the fact that the frogs has not only grown in size, but population. What started as a couple of frogs has multiplied into maybe a dozen. I imagine the population will continue to grow until nature takes the inevitable turn and a predator finds their habitat in our back yard.

No comments: