Monday, September 27, 2010

More Eggplant


Good thing I love eggplant, cuz there is tons of it this year! I just picked another boatload on Saturday and made Eggplant Parmigiana. Here is a link to Mario Batali's recipe, but I prefer to slice the eggplant and use the 3 dish method to coat the eggplant. First dunk the eggplant in flour (with some salt), then drop in an egg bath and coat. Finally, put in a dish of seasoned bread crumbs and put in a baking pan coated with olive oil. Bake in a 400 degree oven until crispy and brown. Then, let the breaded eggplant cool. Put some nice marinara in the bottom of a lasagna pan and add a layer of cooked eggplant. Then a layer of mozzarella cheese and another layer of marinara. Repeat at least one more time (two is better) and sprinkle with parm cheese. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is gooey and a little brown. Take out of the over and let stand at least 20 minutes or you will get eggplant parm soup. I had some last night and again today for lunch!

Check out my other posts about eggplant here and here. Also, check out one of my all time favorite recipes for Eggplant Balls!

No comments: