Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Arugula

If you read this blog with any regularity, you know that Arugula is one of my favorite greens. I've posted about using it in pasta dishes (check out this link). In 2008, I posted about seeing wild arugula being harvested in Italy (check out this link). And I posted about one of my favorite activities in the garden, saving arugula seeds (check out this link).

This year the arugula is doing exceptionally well. Check out the heavy growth of the greens in the pictures above. By the way, if you're wondering about that red plastic in one of the pictures, it is a weed barrier. The less weeding I have to do, the more grateful my hamstrings.

I picked some arugula on Sunday and we have eaten it every day since then. On Sunday we had it in a lovely salad (it's best with shaved Parmesean cheese, I think). Yesterday, I had it wilted with some mushroom ravioli. Today, Karen made a pizze and topped it with arugula and cheese-Fantastic!

No comments: